Changes regarding Tax Free Refund at Keflavik Airport
Isavia, Directorate of Customs, Tax Free Worldwide, Global Blue and Landsbankinn would like to make the following announcement:
According to a request made by Ministry of Finance changes will be made regarding tax refund to passengers at Keflavik International airport. The changes will take place on January 15th, from then on passengers will have to finish the tax refund procedure before going through security check.
The new location for tax refund is located in the arrival hall across from the rental car booths. (see picture)
Few things to keep in mind...
- The buyer needs to be a resident of another country
- The buyer brings the goods out of the country within three months from the purchase date
- The purchase price of the goods with VAT is a minimum of ISK 6,000
- The buyer needs to be able to produce the articles at departure
- The buyer of the articles is the one daparting